Menu
LH1991
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

First bill - been overcharged

Hi, 

Apologies if this is the complete wrong place to put this but I am really struggling to get anywhere when calling or using the text service. 

I joined virgin 2 weeks ago and in that time I have received 2 bills - both which are for double what I have agreed to pay as per my contract (so essentially 4 times the amount to be paid out in the space of less than 2 weeks according to their bill payment dates).

I have spoken to 3 different people, all who gave me different information regarding how this would be resolved and they have still taken the money out of my account for the incorrect amount (in line with the figure on the first incorrect bill). I have since cancelled my direct debit to avoid any further incorrect amounts being taken. 

Apart from calling up again and potentially being given the incorrect information again, is there an escalation process I should follow or tips to ensure this gets sorted? 

I must say I feel like the service around billing has been shocking in the 2 weeks I’ve been with virgin!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: First bill - been overcharged

Hi LH1991,

The first bill usually covers your first calendar month and a month in advance. Subsequent bills should only be for 1 month.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill  explains the first billing cycle.

You should be able to see the breakdown of the bill by signing into your online account at the top of the page my virgin media 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LH1991
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave p,

Thanks for responding. Both bills I have received are definitely for too much as virgin agreed to raise a credit. However, the credit was never applied and then a second bill is now on my account for an even higher amount. 

When speaking to virgin one person said I would be charged x (which matches my first bill and so is for an incorrect amount) on a particular date but when speaking to someone else they said I would be charged a different amount on a different date. Now I have found the amount relating to the first bill has been taken out of my account and the 2nd bill is still on my account so I assume is still expected to be paid.

In all honesty, my account and what I have been billed is a bit of a mess and no one at virgin seems to be able to agree on what and when I will be charged even when I have told them exactly what is outlined in my contract. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again LH1991,

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you in a day or two, and either explain what's happened and help to correct it.

If so they will contact you on the thread first and then take into a PM.

You can tell who the Forum Team are as they will have the VM infinity symbol next to their name - you check who they are  <<< here >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @LH1991,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your recent post. I'm so sorry to hear of the situation you've been in with your bills.

I would be happy to look further into this for you to see what's happened and ensure everything is correct moving forward.

I'll just have to confirm some account details with you, so will send you a private message to discuss these. Please keep a look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos