Menu
prowl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Field Survey Human.

"We're pretty sure you'll be able to get your perfect Virgin Media package, but we'll need to get a bit more info first. Just pop your details in below and we’ll be in touch within ten working days to tell you what services are available there."

So does anyone know how I can actually talk to someone human at Field Sales Survey

KT20 7XA - Sandlands Road. 

The rest of the road has virgin.  I am between 2 house with a 100m drive that looks like a private road ( 2 other houses come off ) but it is just a driveway wholly owned by me.  I can even sort the Coax cabling the 100m to the house if needed above or below ground but just need to actually talk to someone.  

I've done the online form a few times - but not heard back in 6 weeks. I've phoned too and still nothing,  Is it worth making the trip to the Virgin Croydon store or are they just sales guys?  Also have the field survey email and nobody has replied. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Field Survey Human.

very much doubt virginmedia will run cable via private road, since can be a nightmare with getting legal/way leave, the forum team might be able to chase this up or look what has been logged (if anything), currently wait is a day or so

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi don't waste your time in a virgin shop, as you have guessed they are just salespeople, as the the other poster has said with private roads appear to be a bit of a minefield, hope you have some luck with info one way or another. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you go to the Land Registry website, for a few pounds you can be emailed a copy of the official record of ownership of the access road.

Forward this email to VM with your next request for connection. It should allay any concerns they may have about needing wayleaves from other residents.

0 Kudos
prowl
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - It's not a private road... just a 100m Driveway. I own it.
0 Kudos
prowl
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have all that as only just bought it... but it's getting anyone to actually reply.

Last time on my current new build I had a "spotter" deal with it and it was all sorted out easily...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @prowl

Thanks so much for your post - sorry that you're having issues getting the answers that you need regarding your new home.

I have done a quick check of the postcode you have provided and we have a few homes along that postcode that are not connected to our Network as yet.

What I'll do is pop you a private message so we can get some exact information from you and I'll pop an email over to the Area Manager to see if we can get you some answers 🙂 

Look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
prowl
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to @Katie_WT for dealing with my issue quickly and I had an engineer call me form the property and could see what needed to be done and I am now booked in for an installation which is fantastic. 

So after a couple of false starts this forum and some direct human contact solved my issue quickly and easily.  

I've had Virgin since the beginning and have had great service for the most part and when you get to talk to people they do their best to help which is more than can be said for other media / telecoms companies!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for popping back with that update @prowl - so pleased that we were able to help you out 🙂 

I have contacted the Area Manager who has advised they'll stay in touch with you in regard to any construction that needs doing and agree any route with you beforehand. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you need us to chase this or indeed anything else. 

Thanks again and pleased to hear that we've got the ball rolling. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos