Menu
DBarker232
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fibre record ?

Hi Is it a Record ?

Tried to join Virgin Full Fibre in 2019. Lies went on for 4 months. '' Engineering Problems - ducting blocked''  and had called 50 times -   lied too  me on every occasion , will ring me back ,will contact me with the latest position never contacted me. Gave up and cancelled after 4 1/2 months trying. 2 months ago next door but one new neighbour arrived.

They joined Virgin and had fibre to the property fitted within 10 days !!  So I stupidly  re-applied , but asked for a pre-pull 2 months ago to make sure of no problems again. Was given 6 dates and no one came , kept explaining the problem I had before till I was sick in the face with contacting Engineering and explaining the situation. They said eventually that as there was nothing on their records, nothing was wrong .(Obviously they forgot to write down 50 telephone calls or just ignored them)  2 months later (today) Keir came today for the pre-pull for the installation on Wed and you guessed it   '' Cannot do the work as ducts damaged '' Its like a bad farce script. My neighhbour has had theirs fitted in the same ducts that PAST MY HOUSE to the  street cabinet, so why not me ?  2 1/4 years ! - you could not make it up.

Virgin Customer with steam out of my ears .I must be mad giving them a second chance .Just got off a call to a Fa Eastern Virgin Engineering Dept oprative saying that nothing was wrong,

Dave Barker

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fibre record ?

If its fibre to the house its not the same duct as your neighbour.  Each house has its own straw back to the cab in which the fibre is blown down, if the straw is damaged that would only affect 1 house and a permit would have to be raised with the council to dig and repair it

0 Kudos
DBarker232
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. It makes sense as the house that got connected has a short conduit to NEXT DOORS pavement trap and then onwards. Obviously some of the straws are damaged and others are clear. Still does not make a differance that Virgin have been informed over 2 years ago and 2 months ago and ignored my info to them.

Cheers , Dave.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

2 years ago if you cancelled before they repaired it then they wouldn't have had a reason to repair it. Also they may well not have the notices from your calls 2 years ago as when you didn't become a customer VM should have deleted them under GDPR rules as they had no reason to keep them
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DBarker232,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to get our services despite past attempts. Due to the nature of our network, households can be affected differently when it comes to connectivity. 

When did you last speak to our team regarding this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DBarker232
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi, last spoke to engineering on Monday this week and also given another install date in 2 weeks time.They are going to try a high pressure jet in the duct this Friday ( if they turn up ). Dave

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Thank you for letting us know @DBarker232.

Please let us know if the appointment takes place and if you need any further help.

We apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DBarker232
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Engineering came again yesterday. Dug up pavement in two spots and repaired those areas. Found two other  damaged areas 25 metres further on in the ducting so they have to apply for a other license to work again to fix these and fit a new inspection pit someone dug up and did not reinstall.  Hope they have found all of the faults or it will go on forever. Another 800 metres still to go to the cabinet ! The engineering team have been very helpfull. The duct seems to have been repeatedly damaged by other Civil's in the past not doing their work properly and in one of the historic works removing a 500mm section of the cable duct without reinstalling it when their work was finished ! .Will keep the works updated to the forum

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear there's been some progress with this Dave, I'm sure the teams will continue to do their best - thanks for keeping the thread updated.

Tom

0 Kudos
DBarker232
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Getting silly now . My much reshedual installation date was of 18 May. Now just been told its been been once again rescheduled  for 3rd of JULY, ridiculous. My current broadband runs out on 15th June , so what do I do as my wife and daughter work from home and my daughter needs it for school work. Will Virgin pay for me to re connect to EE again for a month and pay £200 for early termination when I FINALLY get M350 ?? - l think not. Very annoyed,  Dave Barker

0 Kudos