cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband only available for ground and first floor flats (in two floors building)

Zingeer
Joining in

Virgin Broadbbb.png

Hi. I have been waiting for fibre broadband for many years. Virgin media installed cables in front of my building about 2 years ago.It is a 2-floors building.
The flats on the ground and first floor have fibre broadband available to them from Virgin Media. The second floors do not. I wanted to ask Virgin Media if they could do something to install fibre broadband for me (a secound floor flat). I can't see any way to contact Virgin Media about this.If it makes any difference, I am the owner of the flat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your issue may possibly be due to a working height limitation VM seems to have in place.

Topics on here often describe that VM will work to first floor level as a matter of routine. Beyond first floor, those seeking installation or repairs often seems to run into problems getting anything done by VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The answer I'm afraid is quite simple.

Virgin Media do not employ heights trained installers. So anything above 1st floor height is unserviceable unless the building is internally wired through the buildings internal comms infrastructure. This is usually done at the builders expense, or by the building management company if its retrofit.

If all you have is external connections I should look for another supplier.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your issue may possibly be due to a working height limitation VM seems to have in place.

Topics on here often describe that VM will work to first floor level as a matter of routine. Beyond first floor, those seeking installation or repairs often seems to run into problems getting anything done by VM.

Zingeer
Joining in

I only have access to the internet via a telephone line. I would like to have something faster. I was hoping there would be an option to install Virgin Broadband.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Zingeer 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more