Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Line not fitted

JTBomb007
Tuning in

Hey,

So Virgin came out to install my services on Tuesday 31st October

He said that the fibre outside was broken so he’ll contact his manager who advised to install everything inside and they’ll send someone out to blast the fibre from the box to the property the next day.

The next day someone turned up but he said he can’t do that he just installs inside like the guy before had previously done, he said he’d speak to his manager and I’ve not heard anything since.

So I’ve had no tv or broadband since I’ve moved in

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JTBomb007

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some issues getting your installation completed. To clarify, all of the internal work appears to be completed but you've been advised some external work still needs to go ahead?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

JTBomb007
Tuning in

That’s correct, he said the fibre line needs to be blasted from the box he put on the building to the box down the street and should take 3 or 4 minute if that

I'd suggest reaching out to our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 so they can update you @JTBomb007 

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs