cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber cable fault

Jxj1992
Tuning in

Had no internet since last Tuesday. Had a VM technician visit on Monday,said there is no signal going into the fiber cable box which is installed by a third party company. He said VM will contact the cable installer and set up the appointment. Had supposed appointments from Wednesday, Thursday,no one showed up. Virgin said they got no direct contact with the Cable company,only putting the work order out for them to attend,if not attended,they just push the dates further back. Has anyone else got similar problems? How long does this take ? Can virgin not hire a contractor to find the fault instead of waiting on the cable installer? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Jxj1992 wrote:

Had no internet since last Tuesday. Had a VM technician visit on Monday,said there is no signal going into the fiber cable box which is installed by a third party company. He said VM will contact the cable installer and set up the appointment. Had supposed appointments from Wednesday, Thursday,no one showed up. Virgin said they got no direct contact with the Cable company,only putting the work order out for them to attend,if not attended,they just push the dates further back. Has anyone else got similar problems? How long does this take ? Can virgin not hire a contractor to find the fault instead of waiting on the cable installer? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, plenty of customers posting on the forums have had similar problems.

Have a look through some of the many similar topics on here and you will get an idea of how things might play out in such circumstances.

In the meantime, have a look at VM's compensation scheme for outages

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and you might want to start thinking about some backup options (4/5G data/mobile/hotspot etc, on a rolling monthly basis etc.) in case your repair turns into a long haul.

Thanks. Good to know about the auto compensation. Luckily I got unlimited data on my mobile,so I have been using that for work and entertainment.bt said they use different lines as Virgin and we can switch to them without problems. So we might do that If the third appointment still not showing up on the coming Tues .we really can't wait for months for this to be fixed by VM.