Menu
Mansuetude
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Faulty router wiring

I cannot get through to an actual person in faults and when I check wiring it's not making a healthy noise so can anyone help me with the correct route to take to get through to someone I have had router 7 years and the wiring is now dangerous I work from home I just need a new router

0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty router wiring

what you do mean dangerous?, the cable frayed since sure the forum staff will want to know, also what hub do you have?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a picture of the dangerous wiring? Which wiring? Perhaps an engineer needs to call? 

The fastest route is customer services 0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
Mansuetude
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the smart hub 2 I think the power cable is damaged near the plug end when I was following diagnostics I checked it was plugged in correctly and it made a crackling noise so I think the wiring is damage so all turned off now i managed finally to get through to someone and new router is on the way thank you for replying 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean where it plugs into the hub or where the power supply plugs into the mains ? If the latter its more likely to be your electrical socket that is on its way out.

0 Kudos
Mansuetude
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's on the wire that comes out of the plug where the rubber bit is to strengthen it.  Everything else works fine in that socket so that's an unlikely assumption thank you for you reply

0 Kudos