cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty hub5

Dvigelis
Joining in

Today i received my hub 5 but after plugin it just blinkink white led very fast. Tryed to switch it off or reset with button, no help. Is it faulti hub or there is way out of it. Virgin deactivated my hub3 straight away so i left with no internet.  Any help?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its probably not activated correctly on the account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I will do when customer service will be working. A company like this dont have 24/7 customer service. Cant get that.

I looked videos online about conecting hub5 and led blinking slowly but mine is rapid blinking. And read some post heare in forum with same issue and hub5 was faulty

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

The pin hole is on the bottom of the Hub 5, just in case you can't find it.  

If the rapid flashing light persists, it sounds like the Hub is faulty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tryed reset button, no help.   CUstomer service activated my hub3 back so atleast i got internet back.  Vaiting for engineer visit on monday. Fingers crossed 😉

Thank you for advices

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dvigelis wrote:

I will do when customer service will be working. A company like this dont have 24/7 customer service. Cant get that.

The 0800 number does not go through customer service - its auto... just select option 3 when offered and folloe the steps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.