cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertising - Virgin Contract Lies

Jiraiya
Joining in

I hope someone will be able to help me, as I have spoken to approximately 16 Virgin Media colleagues over the past 4 days.

On Wednesday 11th of November 2021, I was offered (to change from BT) to Virgin the following;

All the TV Channels (Including Sky Movies), Free Line Rental and 1GB Broadband for £65 a month for 18 months. Not only did I sign up, complete a Credit Check (two checks have been conducted on my Credit Report) but I have also cancelled my subscription with BT.

I was promised a further call the following day from their manager (after sign up) and then them the following day. Since then I have been trying to get someone to pin it down to me in writing of the offer that I was promised.

On the Friday 13th of November 2021, a "Pre-Installation Cancel Manager" offered me the exact same package for £74, but this time he would add a £9 credit for 18 months in order to make it to £65.

Yet again, I haven't had anything pinned down on pen and paper. I have attempted to speak to so many people (and a number of complaint escalations) but not a single person has been able to help me. Today I have been informed that because the services are not installed, that there isn't a contract in place (even though I have given consideration, by cancelling my services elsewhere and committed to two credit checks) for a price that the initial salesman and escalated manager have offered me.

Can Virgin Media just now back up of the contract we formed?

Please Help

Thank you

Sincerely;

Anticipated Customer.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Obviously it's up to VM to back up the agreed terms with confirmation, what I would say is that since there is not any contract in place, and since VM's track record on fast, timely installation is very poor, then you should as a matter of urgency phone up your existing ISP and try and retract your cancellation.

Trying to end one contract at the same time another starts is probably fine when swapping between Openreach ISPs.  When changing to VM it is a risky gamble to save a few quid, and if it doesn't pay off you'll be left with no broadband (and possibly no TV and no landline), and that could be for weeks, it could be for months.  Even with confirmation of terms, a VM install date is a very unreliable estimate, and the company are within their rights to cancel the installation if they find that in their view the property is unserviceable eg due to blocked ducts, high installation costs, or lack of necessary permissions.

Thank you for your reply.

I have previously had Virgin Media at this property and I have checked the speeds.

They just need to provide what they have offered and promised twice.

Which is why 2 credit checks, and a direct debit has been set up.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jiraiya, and a very warm welcome to you!

We would seek to issue a contract to you via E-Mail and/or via white mail and you would then have a 14 day cooling off period to utilise if any errors have been made in terms of contract and/or package content.

I'd be happy to look into our systems to see if the pre-installed account can be found, and if there is a contract within this to send to you, provided data protection can be passed.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for me private message

Kindest regards,

David_Bn