Menu
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

FAILED INSTALL AGAIN AND AGAIN !!

What an absolute Joke !

The install team arrived on the correct day, however only stayed 20minutes and then drove off as they could not get the fibre cable into the connection in the road, No Explanation, No advice, They could not care less !!

After relentless calling by me to the terrible customer services (Laughable title) i am told that they will be coming back to install in four days time, so here i am with no service whatsoever(previous supplier terminated early) waiting for Virgin yet again. They never even turned up, despite waiting for them all day and i called them twice to confirm the appointment, so a whole days wages lost for nothing.

Now, another five days on and i still have no connection, no communication with Virgin, despite them reassuring that they will call me back.

Update: I finally get through to the most abrupt and unhelpful person ever who takes great stock in confirming that i will not be connected at all due to the engineering office being closed due to Covid!! Have you ever heard anything so stupid in your life..... They cannot dig up their own cable to connect me to the service.... so now, here we are one month later, still no service, no communication, no apology and they even have the bare faced cheek to try and make me feel grateful that i will not have to be charged !! Utterly pathetic. If this is the standard of service, you can keep it.

Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: FAILED INSTALL AGAIN AND AGAIN !!

It may be their own cable, but they cannot just dig it up if it’s on council owned land, they need a permit. Nevertheless that should have kept you informed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jetbags

Thank you for taking the time to post on forums and I'm very sorry for the experience you have had whilst waiting for your new services to be installed.

Whilst it's true that we may need to seek permits for this work in the meantime, it is very disappointing to hear of the lack of communication and understanding from our engineering team. 

I can see that customer services are due to contact you on the 26th in order to get the re-pull booked in - does this correlate with what you have been informed?

Let us know if you require any further advice, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me through this forum, the first contact i have had, in any way, from Virgin since this fiasco started!

The 26th is indeed penciled in the diary, your colleague, Paul, who is in the retentions department, has so far been the only person, out of at least fifteen different advisors from Virgin, that has taken the time and trouble to understand the problem, deal with the problem and then try and provide a solution.

I applied for Virgin broadband 500 on the 12th March, here we are over a month later, two failed installation dates and litterally hundreds of minutes of me trying to find out what is going on via your monsterous telephone stacking service and endless security checking by advisors with no care as to what is happening.

I am now having to wait yet another week, without any form of broadband whatsoever, in the hope that Virgin will actually do what they say they will do on the 26th and actually call me and book in an engineer to call and install the broadband service, hopefully as a priority???? (i am not holding my breath).

Service has been quite litterally appaling, and i am not even a customer yet ! I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 26th........

Regards

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jetbags,

I'm sincerely sorry for the problems that you've had with our install team, I can completely understand your frustration.

Please let us know how things go on the 26th. If you have any more problems, please don't hesitate to get in touch, and we will be happy to take a look at things for you.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, there we have it, as we thought..... nothing !

I started phoning at 09:03am this morning, after speaking to 11 seperate personnell in several different departments, which in total has taken over five hours, they have now said they can do nothing but send an email !!!!

I have never before come across a company so utterly useless, so completely incompetent in every single aspect of what they do. They cannot/will not listen to what you say, they refuse to understand the issue, the completely refuse to allow you to speak to a manager or complaints departments. Instead, you get the parrot fashion responses of complete ineptness and could not care less attitude.

So here we are, now six weeks in and still no connection or service whatsoever and they could not care any less than they do. Nobody wants to take any responsibility, nobody wants to try and solve the issue, they litterally could not give a damm, and i'm not even a customer yet !!

I am now in a no win situation, i cannot get any form of decent connection going through BT as the best they can provide is just as bad as what i previously had, yet i cannot get the monkeys at Virgin to remotely understand what the problem is and to just fix the damm issue and connect the service!

Virgin = appaling customers service, unimaginable levels of stupidity and grossly over rated.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jetbags,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear the install of the cable from the street still hasn't happened due to the construction work needed to unblock the duct, I8 have had a look at things our end and can see we have contacted the area filed Manager who will look into this and call you back.

We appreciate all you want is your Internet connected and apologise the any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I started calling Virgin at 09:04am this morning, by 16:00 i have given up.

I have dealt with many many companies in my lifetime, i have witnessed the very best of service and then i have witnessed Virgin Media, who clearly have not a clue what they are doing.

As bad as they are, British Telecom look like a beacon of customer service success in comparison to Virgin, now that really is saying something, how bad does a service (or lack of it ) have to get before they do something about it? Seriously !!

I'm still not even a customer yet !

I am simply at a loss with Virgin, what to do now......

0 Kudos
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Molly,

There has been no contact t all, even though i was assured there would be !!!

I have no idea if the "Re-Pull" has been booked, there has been no communication whatsoever.... very very disappointing to say the least.

0 Kudos
Jetbags
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Paul,

Can you confirm that the "Re-Pull" is booked in for this week ?

0 Kudos