Menu
nathan_zetec
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extra V6 box

Hi there

will shortly be having an extra V6 box but will require a HDMI cable of approx 5m to run from tv on the wall to where I want the V6 box to be

will the installer supply these or should I be expected to supply my own? 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extra V6 box

You'd need to supply your own, I think VM only supply 1m cables, but they only cost about £10 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nathan_zetec
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazing thanks buddy! 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why not get the technician to run the coax so that the V6 is close to the TV? An Ethernet cable can also be run alongside the coax.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Debbied30
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

When I changed my package in July '18 to the Oomph one, I was given an extra box as well. The engineer came with all the new stuff, but said he couldn't fit it, as at that time we weren't sure about all the upheaval. Now we have decided and want it set up. So fast forward to this year, have renewed my contract again & the colleague asked me about the 2nd box & I told her what happened or didn't happen. She advised me to contact Customer Service to arrange getting it fitted, she did try to transfer me, but the call terminated for some reason.

With Covid etc, is this still happening, how do I get hold of customer service, as the online help doesn't help? Also our wifi is very poor upstairs despite having 2 free boosters, I see there is a new Hub 4, am I entitled to it?

Hope someone can advise. Thanks

0 Kudos