Menu
ianwalker993
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

External works to property not yet purchased

I am in the process of moving home, but have had to move out of my property prior to completing the purchase.

I received a text message from virgin stating that they needed to carry out some external works was this ok. I replied that it was not and it needed to wait until the purchase had completed. 

I have just been informed that this work has been completed, much to the annoyance of the vendor who is claiming trespass and threatening to pull out of the sale.

I have tried calling virgin and have also sat on chat for over an hour, without response.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: External works to property not yet purchased

The text service isn't a manned line, so it only accepts certain keywords. To stop a process you must call customer services. 

What do you expect them to do to put it right? Remove the installed cabling? 

0 Kudos
ianwalker993
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The phone number cuts off before it rings, I have tried multiple times, and yes it is the correct number.

3 hrs after submitting the chat, someone has now replied.

I want to know why they have installed it, when explicitly told not to, and to apologise to the vendor accepting full responsibility and reasoning.

I would also like to know why they have cut straight across the front lawn, instead of down the boarder, but that is another issue.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How did you tell them? If you did so by replying to a computer generated text, then you need to blame that computer for not passing on the message 😉 

Or do you mean you gave them a date for the installation and they did it before the date ?

0 Kudos