Menu
TurtleQueen
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

External work

Hello all! I am moving this weekend! Woo! I Contacted Virgin Media a few weeks ago to let them know, and agreed 10th Jan for installation. 

The property requires external works, however the date is constantly changing for this and I’m getting increasingly worried that my installation date will be missed. I contacted Virgin and they said there is nothing they can do, or tell me as the job is still open…what!? 

What can I do? We work from home, so if this isn’t done then I can’t work. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: External work

If it doesn't get done you might have to look into using your mobile as a hotspot, you should still be able to work if you have a Plan B

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right then, VM’s processes for getting new users connected up if external works are needed or the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, or the year happens to start with a 2, is slightly less reliable than having the Chuckle Brothers sort it out for you.

You need to assume that VM absolutely won’t get you get connected up this weekend or anytime this month or year to be honest!

So you need to sort out a plan B, is there a phone line at the new properly? If so then you might be able to get a connection from an alternative supplier using an Openreach connection. What’s the 4G or 5G connectivity like there, can you get a temporary connection that way? 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @TurtleQueen

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your installation! 

I'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you so we can figure out what is going on. 

I'll send you a PM now. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TurtleQueen
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media, your service is abysmal. 

I spoke with one of your colleagues the other day who told me the pre-pull work had been completed… so why am I still waiting for someone to come and finish the external works!?

My internal work is scheduled for tomorrow (which was rescheduled from the 10th). I don’t understand the delays!? Everyday I call I’m promised and guaranteed someone will attend but it seems these guys are just reading a script. 

I told you 14/12/21 I was moving and josh guaranteed me the internet will be installed. 16/12/21 someone apparently came to the property to check. I called 06/01/22 and was told a pre pull is required and Georgie again guaranteed work will be completed in time for the 10th. Nothing happened until 8th Jan when Kier attended, took photos of the duct at the boundary of mine and my neighbours property then left. Allegedly, according to one of your handlers (forgot their name I’ve spoken to so many) someone attended on 16th or 18th Jan and completed the pre pull work. 

External works were scheduled for today but no one turned up, and now that schedule seems to have disappeared from my account. 

We usually work from home but have had to go into the office for work as the 4G dongle we paid for is terrible. I’m vulnerable / high risk so I should not be going into the office! 

I complained on 06/01../ and I’ve heard nothing from anyone about this either. I will be escalating this complaint to CICAS. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TurtleQueen, 

I'm sorry to hear that you re still waiting for your installation to go ahead. 

I'm happy to take a look to check and ensure the complaint is still open and with the installs team. In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos