Menu
Codge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

External work not done

Hi we moved into our house and after our isp kept letting us down we went with you guys. We were told 9th July to get our broadband, we thought only 2 weeks to live without internet. On Monday 6th we spoke to a guy from comex 2000 who said they couldn't do the external work as they weren't authorised to do 4 metres, so they said it would be someone who could. So we figured someone would come and get that done.

Anyway installation day came and the guy said he couldn't do the work as the external hadn't been done. He had put a call in for someone to come that day to do it then he would come back to do it. No one came. 

After many calls we were given a new installation date (Tuesday 14th) and the external work date which was Saturday 11th, no one has came and it's still saying its on my account. I went on the text chat and they said he has checked the account 3 times and there will be no problems getting the installation done. 

I really don't want to have the same problem again. Can you get your people to come and make sure it's ready for the installation. Me and the wife are running out of data, we have a 9 year old and we need the Internet to do her school work. Please help

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: External work not done

Hi there @Codge

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post - I was very sorry to hear about the issues and delay with your installation. 

I have been able to locate your account form your forum information and can see that all seems to be installed and working - I do hope that this is the case at your end too. Please do pop back if you still need any help or assistance with this or indeed anything else. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Codge
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes on Monday we had a lovely guy called jase who was meant to be installing on Tuesday and only came round to make sure there be no problems installing the broadband (which I think all your engineers should do) he saw the external work hadn't been done so he's set us up with a temporary fix until the work has been done. The work should be getting done today I'm hoping but at least we've got working Internet now

0 Kudos
Codge
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

I checked my account today and the external work that was scheduled for today has disappeared also the work hasn't been done today either. When the engineer installed our Internet it was just a temporary fix until the work had been done. Am I still getting the external work done and when? Thankyou

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Codge,

Apologies for the delayed respose. The repull has been rescheduled. Were you able to see the updated time/date?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Codge
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes the 21st, I just hope they turn up and do the work. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome. 

0 Kudos
Codge
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi so my date was 24th for the external work. I was in all day and hasn't been done 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Codge, 

I'm sorry about the delayed external works and I've checked your details and can see that our Field Support Team as put it in a holding pool waiting for an update from the Team carrying out the works, It may be that they're found something unforeseen so it needs more planning. It can include permissions, traffic management or something else. I can't see the actual reason as they're on a different system but our Field Support Team are monitoring it and will work with Construction Team to arrange a date, I'm sorry about this and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Lisa_CC,

Do you not think that Vm could COMMUNICATE with the customer here?? leaving the person PAYING THE BILL in the dark, with NO idea what is happening, or why, isn't that great now, is it??

As a 'supposed' COMMUNICATIONS company, how difficult is it to let the customer know?? Or is it the fact that VM are not really bothered, as long as they get there payment every month??

Far, far too much of this 'couldn't care less' attitude from VM, from management, down to sub contractors, all of whom seem to forget that it's the customer who ultimately pays their wages!!!

0 Kudos