Menu
denby182
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

External work not done. Virgin engineer could not install. What now??

Due to moving house I contacted virgin to say that I would like to keep them, and bring them to my home. We were given a date of 24th September - and while that was 3 weeks away, i said it was fine as long as i didn't have it switched off the current property till the 23rd Sept. 

Myself and partner booked time off work, we booked a removal company to take all our belongings on the day of the 23rd - we fully moved in last night. I received messages from Virgin media reminding me to bring my equipment, and asking me if i was ecited for the 'big day'.

Anyway, the big day came and a 'Comex 2000' van pulled up in the morning and said they needed to dig up the driveway. I said fine. Then 10 minutes later they said there are no cables and that they won't be able to do anything. Comex 2000 said that I would have to wait 'weeks' until someone else could come out again. They left by saying 'this should have been done weeks ago! You won't be able to get internet this afternoon' . Great - cheers mate.

So then the Virgin engineer turns up 1pm - 6pm as scheduled, agrees that he can't actually do anything because the work hasn't be done, apologises and then drives away. Both myself and partner have been working from home since March, and having the internet is absolutely critical for us working every day.

I now have no idea what I'm supposed to do, who will communicate with me, or even how they will communicate with me. To top it off, when logging into my account it says 'you are not with virgin media anymore' - well yeah it sure doesn't feel like it.

All i have is this account number: [removed]

Please contact me. Please help.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Cawsie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External work not done. Virgin engineer could not install. What now??

Doesn't look like you'll have a fixed broadband supply with Virgin for a while. If it was me, temporarily, i'd get hold of an unlimited tether mobile sim  and connect to that. Or 4g home broadband. In a fair world, Virgin should supply you with a sim free of charge as it's their **bleep** up.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External work not done. Virgin engineer could not install. What now??

Hi denby182,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I really am sorry to hear that you weren't able to get installed and that the required work was not completed, I can honestly understand why this would be frustrating. Apologies also for our delayed response from here.

I have been able to locate the account and can see that there was a appointment scheduled on your account for the 28th September. Can you please tell me if you've been able to get some help since posting?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos