cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External wall cable box

jlp50
Tuning in

Ive called a 2-3 times over the last 4 months or so to get the external wall box replaced.

Each time ive been told an engineer will get to me within tge week .. i no longer want to waste my time or phone bill on another wasted call to Virgin helpline. I despair, so I have gone to try and sort this myself as clearly its not going to be done. 

Can you please let us know where we can buy the external cable junction boxes and what is the model number and ill just do it myself!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jlp50,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our services at the moment.

I understand that it can be very frustrating waiting on hold for such a long time. Our teams are doing all they can to get through to all calling customers as soon as possible. 

Would you be able to attach an image of the external box as @goslow suggested so we can see what state the external box is in and what work will be required to have this fixed up for you? 🙂

Let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM staff don't often visit 'Tech Chatter'. Someone might kindly move this for you into 'Quick Start' so it will get VM forum staff attention.

Usual process on here is to pop up a photo of the damaged box and one of the VM forum team will arrange a replacement to be fitted for you FOC.

Thanks GoSlow - do you know if i can move this to Quick Start myself?
Been looking for how to do that as i just can't spend another 20-30 mins on hold on the phone to finally get through to someone who doesn't really help!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jlp50,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our services at the moment.

I understand that it can be very frustrating waiting on hold for such a long time. Our teams are doing all they can to get through to all calling customers as soon as possible. 

Would you be able to attach an image of the external box as @goslow suggested so we can see what state the external box is in and what work will be required to have this fixed up for you? 🙂

Let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jlp50
Tuning in

Unable to attach photo - errors flagged. System doesnt accept phone photos as file too big!

But no front cover and cables exposed, I'd just like to know where they are sold as I don't trust an engineer to ever turn up.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jlp50 thanks for getting back to us. 

I am really sorry you've not had an engineer attend your property to replace or repair your omni-box.  I would like to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message to help.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @jlp50

Thanks for confirming your details.  I have booked the first available engineer.  You can view and amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee