Menu
Corrsa
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

External grey cable box

My external grey cable box needs to be relocated by four inches to have a disabled ramp installed outside my house and a Virgin Media representative has just told me that they will charge me £99 for the work. Does anyone know if this is correct?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: External grey cable box

Yes £99 is the standard "no fault" charge for any work. Note that they are only doing "essential" work at present until the situation normalises - so they may not schedule this for some time - depending on how essential they think it is. If it requires refitting of interior wall boxes/cables etc., they are less likely to it as well - exterior work only should be ok.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would expect that under VM's Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy you should get the required priority for the job to be done.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corrsa,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As you've been advised none- essential work has not been going ahead at the moment, however I can email the area manager to see if this is something that we can do.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos