Menu
DrLee
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

External cable relocation.

I have been waiting for Virgin to relocate the external cable that goes from the pavement to the brown box on my house. But have been told that due to so called restrictions that it can't be done yet. The existing cable and box was installed incorrectly without my consultation, which is why I need it moved. I told the installers as they just finished that it was in the wrong place. But they said its too late as they had already done the job. So when can I get this rectified please?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: External cable relocation.

Hi DrLee, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post 🙂 

I am sorry to hear this, could I get some more info on this, it is true we are not doing external nonessential works at the moment due to our covid restrictions, 

is there any kind of health risk? Can you attach a picture for reference? 

Did you sign off on the install or has this happened over time?

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
DrLee
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie. Thanks for replying.

There are no health risks as its all external.

I cant remember if I signed anything after the install.  But when I spoke to the engineer he said I'd just have to take it up with Virgin.

I can send you photo later today if you'd like?

Lee

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DrLee

All installation works do require a signature to confirm that you are happy with the works, please do attach a picture when you can.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @DrLee

All installation works do require a signature to confirm that you are happy with the works, please do attach a picture when you can.

Regards

is that true - external work can be done without the user being there afaik - they turn up on any day up to the install and do the work - its not a requirement that anyone is present - different for internal work but by other posts on here in the past not all techs ask for a signature - whether they should or not is another question

Tony
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

External can be done under a lot of circumstances without the customer being at the property, installations do require a signature. This cable may of been there from before the customer was installed anyway.

Please attach that picture once you're able to @DrLee and we'll get this sorted from there 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Travis_M wrote:

External can be done under a lot of circumstances without the customer being at the property, installations do require a signature. This cable may of been there from before the customer was installed anyway.

Please attach that picture once you're able to @DrLee and we'll get this sorted from there 🙂

Regards

the 1st post is clear i think - the external cable was installed for this customer

The existing cable and box was installed incorrectly without my consultation, which is why I need it moved. I told the installers as they just finished that it was in the wrong place. But they said its too late as they had already done the job. So when can I get this rectified please?

and you now seem to be saying it could be done without a signature - if so it was not approved - again thats said in the 1st post

Tony
0 Kudos
DrLee
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
20210619_141417.jpg

0 Kudos
DrLee
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

20210619_142149.jpg

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DrLee wrote:

20210619_142149.jpg

That is not a straightforward fix. The new route is partially not within your boundary & the local authority would not permit it to be done this way. It would require moving the service tee on the street duct to opposite where the new box location will be. This will require a construction team, council permits, & a further cable repull. You could be talking about a 6 to 8 week delay to doing this, as council permits take a while to obtain.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks