Menu
keving1991
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

External cable cut - gardening

Yesterday whilst mowing the lawn at my new property I managed to cut the external broadband cable. See attached image. I would have thought the wire would have been buried underground rather than being at ground level and exposed too. 

I have an engineer coming on Wednesday to look at it - will they be able to resolve on the day? I work from home and being without Internet is a huge disruption. 

How do I share this image and information with my engineer before the arrive on Wednesday to ensure they know what the full issue is?

ECA8D3FA-AFD3-44EF-AED3-09E5A42BC796.jpeg

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External cable cut - gardening

I think you'll find that the field technicians see this all the time.  They should be able to do either a permanent fix, or at least a temporary repair if they judge that the cable needs replacing.  In the very unlikely event that you don't have working internet after the visit come back here and we can suggest some options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External cable cut - gardening

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums, keving1991,

Has this been repaired since your post. The engineer would be advised as part of the work order, what the job entails and what needs to be done

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos