Menu
Markg91
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

External Works

I'm due to have broadband installed on March 20th but was informed it would require external work to be carried out. Due to it being a rental property I cannot confirm until I know what the extent of the external work is.

I've tried calling to find this information out but nobody has been able to give me any more information and I can't even confirm the work anymore.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Works

At best it will just be a two man cable pull from the cabinet to the boundary tee. At worst it will be a construction team digging the pavement to access VMs ducting for necessary modifications

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markg91,

Welcome to the Community Forums and to Virgin Media 🙂 it's great to have you onboard.

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay with your installation. If you have been advised that some construction work is required before we can install you, construction work typically takes between 6-8 weeks to complete. 

Have you been able to get some more answers since posting? If not we can certainly take a look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Markg91
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, I only managed to get a similar answer to the one above from Virgin customer service. I was told I'd be notified if any inconvenience would be caused to other residents through construction work and haven't heard anything since. My installation date is pretty soon and haven't been notified of any delay yet. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Markg91

I am so sorry to see this has caused some confusion but I hope we can get it all sorted for you.

I have checked your account and can see that your install is still planned to go ahead. I have also emailed the Area Field Manager who will be overseeing installations and outdoor work in your area for a little more information on the outdoor cabling work. As soon as I have a response I will let you know. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide