cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Works before Installation Problem!!

TheScolly
Tuning in

Hi,

I’m due to have Virgin Media (Gig1 Volt package) installed on Friday 27th May 2022, however the external works still have not been completed nor have I heard anything since I stated it was ok to commence (about 3/4 weeks ago). I have rang the customer service to absolutely no result.

I’m now seriously considering cancelling my whole package and staying with Sky, I had my doubts when I took the plunge to join Virgin. I have given a lot of notice to get all this sorted but if it gets delayed past my installation date then I will cancel.

Can anyone moderators check this for me instead of giving me numbers (like I said, I’ve already rang).

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The external work is done by a subcontractor, or sometimes by a sub-subcontractor, and they are notoriously difficult to communicate with. They don't need you to be there for the outside work and will usually do what is quickest and easiest for them.

You could try calling 0800 052 1734 which is the pre installations number, who might be able to pass on a message to the contractor, but don't rely on it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello sclarke16. 

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Thanks also for your enquiry about needing the external cabling routed in a specific way.

From experience here, 

The Team that urn up will look at the easiest route possible. I would say they will leave the driveway alone and use the softest surface possible.

If you would like reassurance, then I can  take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L