Menu
ellyr13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

External Wall Insulation and temporary removal of external equipment

Hi,

I work for a social landlord who are undertaking refurbishment works to a number of units which includes the installation of an External Wall Insulation. A number of these properties have your externally mounted equipment (some likely no longer in use) which either need to be temporarily removed and re fitted or removed all together once the EWI and render finish is complete.

Are we (principle contractor) able to carry out all or part of this work ourselves in conjunction with the refurb works? If not, could you please advise of the process for multiple properties, lead in times and associated costs.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Wall Insulation and temporary removal of external equipment

This could be a tricky one. VM are not doing any non-essential work at the moment. This will probably be classed as such

In some cases they can ask the Area Field manager to see if anything can be done, however they usually only do this if there is a safety concern.

So you need to contact VM to speak to them about it. This will be difficult if you are not an account holder. I will flag for a VM person to come here to advise what to do next

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Wall Insulation and temporary removal of external equipment

Hello ellyr13

I am happy to get this looked into 

Can you please send me a private message with as much detail on as possible, including a main point of contact and images of what needs to be done 

That way I can contact the relevant Service Managers for your area and request them to contact you 

This is something that we normally don't deal with on the Forums, But we are able to get this looked into 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos