cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Brown box cover missing

jk001d7182
On our wavelength

The cover is missing from the external box. I tried reporting it on 150 but ended up going down a rabbit hole of automated call options which terminated the call without being able to talk to a human, so have given up on that route. Can someone at  Virgin Media assist? Thanks

missing covermissing cover

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jk001d7182,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your OmniBox is damaged and you've not had much luck reporting it when calling.

I'll be more than happy to help with this 🙂

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get one of our technicians to come out and get this repaired/replaced.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person should respond on here and sort it for you - when they get here in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jk001d7182,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your OmniBox is damaged and you've not had much luck reporting it when calling.

I'll be more than happy to help with this 🙂

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get one of our technicians to come out and get this repaired/replaced.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for taking the time out to speak with me via PM @jk001d7182

All sorted! I've booked the visit for you and confirmed the time and date already. 

Let us know how it goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi - I have the exact same problem, with the cover of the external brown box missing and wires now being exposed. 

please could someone get in touch with me to arrange a fix?

thanks
Stephanie

Hi stephbwr,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your brown box cover is missing, I will invite you into a private chat so I can arrange for this to be replaced, I will send an invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept. 

Regards

Paul.

Hi stephbwr,

Thank you for joining me in a chat and clearing security, glad I was able to help and arrange for a new cover to be fitted and the cables checking, as you have advised the technician has access he probably will just fix this without knocking, if you need to reschedule the appointment for any reason you can do this Via your Online Account.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Hello

My brown external cover has also gone missing.

Please could I have a replacement fitted?  I think a team is doing work in our area today.

Thank you

Hi @Drmrso

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to book this in 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Drmrso

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to to update the thread, the engineer visit for the omni box was booked in

Let us know how this goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill