cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension lead for Hub 4

Steph555
Tuning in

Hi

hub 4 fitted today but lead to connection is too short - need a longer one if possible please. 
it’s a different cable from hub 3 - push on instead of one with the tightable nut? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Steph555 wrote:

Hi

hub 4 fitted today but lead to connection is too short - need a longer one if possible please. 
it’s a different cable from hub 3 - push on instead of one with the tightable nut? 

thanks

If your old cable is longer use that.

Threaded cables still work with the HUB 4/5.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Steph555 wrote:

Hi

thanks

If your old cable is longer use that.

Threaded cables still work with the HUB 4/5.

Thanks - but the fitter has added a different type of fitting that only takes push on! 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Photo please.  All Hubs still have the threaded connection. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

140200A3-4CE9-4185-AD96-9A29E230E8A0.jpeg

C0EB6794-3F8D-475F-BAC9-19DE96D41C29.jpeg

30FC31C9-A43E-4174-9B28-6D883F986303.jpeg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screw on and push on male F plugs are totally interchangeable. New leads have push on plugs, old one screw on plugs. Wall socket, splitters and hubs have female F screw on sockets.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks - but the Tudor bit totally fixed me!!!!