Menu
Concannonj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extension cable

Hello just a quick one I have moved my tv away from my wall socket to the other side of the living room, I am going to buy an extension cable that is long enough to run from my wall socket under my skirting boards to the tv box to plug into it, I just want someone to point me into the right direction to make sure I am buying the right extension cable for the job, once again one end is going into the virgin wall socket the other into the back of my tv 360 box any help would be amazing 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extension cable

Hello

I am afraid that what you are asking can only be done by Virginmedia as changing the length of cable can affect the signal levels and affect not just you but everybody else who connects to the same cabinet especially using 3rd party coaxial cable as it can introduce noise into the line. To make changes to the cable will be charged by Virginmedia as a non-fault call out at £99 which currently due to covid are not performing non-essential work.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Concannonj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My HUB is connected to a wall socket upstairs and is all working fine the wall socket downstairs is just plugging straight into my virgin 360 tv purely just to get live channels surely adding a extension to that shouldnt cause any problems to my hub and socket upstairs?

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Purists on here dont like you doing minor alterations yourself and wont advise.as its technically against Virgins T&C's. Have sent you a pm.
0 Kudos