cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Internet Reach

Tazer_Silvascar
Joining in

I have a relatively modern Gaming quality PC in my box room (which is currently serving as an office). The PC actually has Wi-Fi built in, but when I try to connect to my Hub 3.0 (which is at the other side of the house), it won't connect. The house isn't particularly big (it's a terraced house), but it's over 100 years old, so there's a possibility that there's structure within the walls that is interfering (even though the computer can at least pick up that there is a Wi-Fi network, it refuses to connect, or in the rare case it does, it doesn't pick up the Internet connection). I have concern about sending the network through the house's electric cables due to its age, and I don't feel like putting holes in the walls to set up a new physical line, as this house is a rental property.
Has anyone any suggestions as to how I could address this?

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are gaming then the best thing to do is run an Ethernet cable from the VM hub to your machine. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As Tudor says - run Cat6a ethernet cable from the Hub to your PC - be creative about how/wher to run it and how to conceal it - under carpets... between carpet and skirting boards.. through any airbricks yton may have to go outside and in again etc..

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.