Menu
Anne10
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Extender/adapter for TIVO box in different room can I get wired adapter only - without wifi signal

I’m still having problems getting connected properly. I’m using an old BT wired Adapter/wifi extender (from my old house) - to connect TV / TIVO box  to the Virgin media hub which is in a different room at opposite corner end of house. 
Now I have checked the ‘virgin connect’ app and can see that the virgin media hub emits a good wifi signal throughout the house without need for wifi booster/extender - in every room including the kitchen (see below)
So heres my problem. BT adapter gives an extra unwanted wifi signal boost which covers the whole house. If anything it’s the more dominant of the two signals  
With both the hub AND my BT extender/adapter plugged in ( and connected to TV/TIVO) there’s  a midway point - the kitchen - where wifi signal drops and I have to keep changing to whichever signal looks stronger. They seem to compete and cancel each other out! It’s really annoying having to keep manually reconnecting to wifi on our portable devices. I calculate therefore that we don’t need wifi boosting, just wired adapter for the tv.
Can Virgin or anyone help please? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extender/adapter for TIVO box in different room can I get wired adapter only - without wifi signal

The boosters from virgin have a roaming feature so your devices can switch between the two and not have any drop outs
0 Kudos