Menu
Naomi_K
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Exposed cables

Hello, I was wondering how I might be able to get help for some exposed broadband cables, one of which seems to have been severed after falling out of a box attached to the wall. I have tried reporting these over the phone, but the reporting tools are down, and I don't want to wait too long in case these get damaged by people walking on them, animals or the rain.

For context, my building has a number of households within it, and these wires are by a frequently used path. I have tried to attach a photo, but the file limit is too low (even when I try to resize the images!)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Exposed cables

Post up a photo here so a VM person can assess the damage and arrange a fix. It usually takes a few days for them to get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Naomi_K
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0915.jpg

Please find included an image of the exposed cables. If it is possible for someone to assess the damage and let me know if it needs to be seen by an engineer, that would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Naomi_K
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice - I've attached an image and hope that will help! 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, thanks for bringing this to our attention before this got worse or tampered with.

I have arranged for this to be replaced, you can check the appointment on your online account under service, my appointments, you can reschedule there is needed?

Kind regards

Paul.

Naomi_K
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much! I will check out the details of the appointment. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome Naomi, stay safe.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos