cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable on driveway

jamesc77
Tuning in

Hi there,

The VM cable feeding my property has become exposed since it was installed a couple of years ago. It’s not damaged yet, but having seen similar posts on the forum, feels like it needs an engineering team to come out and sink it deeper and covered with concrete so it’s no longer exposed. It’ll be a much bigger job to sort out if it does get damaged.

is this something that one of the VM Forum team can arrange? Photo provided to show what’s happened.

Thanks, James

IMG_1976.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13

jamesc77
Tuning in

It took 23 minutes on the phone to Customer Services - 0345 454 1111 (after finally navigating the IVR to speak to someone), but I now have a technician visit scheduled for tomorrow. I’m not convinced it’s a technician from the correct team, but I’ll wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Frustrating that there’s no information on My Virgin Media Help & Support pages on how to get this kind of issue resolved considering the number of similar posts created in this forum…

jamesc77
Tuning in

So, as expected, the wrong kind of tech was sent to the job today. Needs one of the groundwork teams to come and move the cable so it’s not in the tire line of vehicles coming up and down the driveway.

The tech that came did do his best to get the cable buried a bit deeper, but agreed it needed moving. I guess that’s another call to CS to try and divert them off script to ensure a request gets made to the 3rd party contractor that does groundwork… Unless one of the VM team on here can put that request in for me…??

Hi @jamesc77,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to see that there appears to be some exposed cabling and that a recent technician visit wasn't able to resolve this. Have you been able to raise this with the team again since your last post here, or do you still need some assistance with this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I’ve not managed to speak to anyone else yet, so if you can organise someone from the 3rd party groundwork team that handle cable pre-pulls/cable moves, that would be very helpful. The technician that visited on Friday did add notes to the job explaining that the cable needs moving, so hopefully this can get rectified quickly.

Thanks, James

Hi jamesc77,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you hadn't heard anything in regards to your cable being moved, re-buried, have you heard anything since your last post?

Regards

Paul.

Hi @Paul_DN,

Thanks for adding a comment. Not heard anything since the tech visit last Friday. If you’re able to help organise a visit from the correct 3rd party groundwork team, that’d be much appreciated. As the tech’s comments last week, until the cable location is moved away from the line that tyres from vehicles follow, the cable’s just going to keep working it’s way out of the ground and being at risk of getting damaged 😞

Thanks, James

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @jamesc77,

Thanks for getting back to us, I can certainly look at raising this through for you, in order for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Cheers. Joe

Thanks Joe. I’ve dropped you a DM. Hopefully we can get this sorted soon.

Cheers, James

Hi @jamesc77 

We are glad to see Joe has been able to help with this exposed cable. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs