Menu
jbx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exposed cable in garden

About 18 months ago, someone from Virgin asked if they could connect my neighbour to my existing Virgin connection and I said that was OK. I didn't realise that this meant laying a cable under my front lawn, but I can live with that. However, I was removing some old shrubs yesterday and found that the cable had not even been buried in that part of the garden and it's now exposed + not completely covered by green tubing either.

I would like someone from Virgin to come and bury the rest of it + review the protective tubing to be sure it's OK but I can't find out how to contact Virgin to get this done. Is there an e mail address for this sort of thing? (My neighbour has also confirmed that it is their Virgin connection that is now exposed.)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Exposed cable in garden

Post a couple of photos of the problem so that the forum VM Staff can expedite the job.

It may take them a few days to get here.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cable pic 1.jpgcable pic 3.jpg

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jbx,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointing to see that we have not buried our cable correctly, and this has now become exposed.

We will certainly get this looked in to for you and arrange for the cables to be re-buried. I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this arranged with you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbx,

All sorted for you now. A rebury for the cable has been booked and the technicians will attend to make sure they remain buried this time.

If you have any further issues please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos