cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable from house to street

CC_GG
Joining in

On 30/09/22 I had the engineer out to install our new Internet and landline. During the visit, he advised that the company responsible for setting up the wires and brown box outside on the house haven't in fact done this when they said they had. The engineer then did the work but left the cable above ground, stating that he had requested someone come out to bury the wire which would be in a few days time.

Its been almost a month and the issue remains. I'm reluctant to do it myself as there is a lot of excess wire. There is so much it is looping out into the street-I've had dogs pulling it and the local irritants have also decided its fun to yank at. 

Please can this be sorted before damage is caused to my property? I have taken pictures but have had to reduce the file size so hopefully are still clear; one is of the excess cable in the garden, the other the view from the street after I have pushed the wire back through the hedges and tried hiding the bottom in leaves (it just pops back out). The green box cover it goes into also isn't fitted right-some kids pulled it off so it replaced it best I could.

20221025_140810.jpg20221025_140711.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @CC_GG, and I'm sorry to hear that this issue remains unresolved.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll seek to either arrange a rebury, or confirm when this has been booked in.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me via private message Chris, and I'm pleased we were able to get this booked in for you.

Do please keep us updated, and a picture of the tidy work being completed would be most welcome! 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for arranging for the engineer to visit today, unfortunately the wire issue remains. To cut a long story short, we need a different type of wire (the type used cannot be buried) and it also needs to be fed underground from the green box, to our garden, then under the grass to the house-at the moment it's just running across the lawn and through the hedges.

He said that he would arrange for this work to be done - probably 10 to 14 days - I shall update then!

Hey CC_GG, thank you for reaching out with an update about this.

This sounds like they will be doing something called a pre pull which does require planning permission.

Please do keep us updated on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?