cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex Customer

dazlicous
Up to speed

After leaving VM who’ve I been with since the C&W days 

I have jumped to BT full fibre just asking does the Superhub 3 still need returning.

reading the website I can only see hub v4 and v5 need returning 

tyvm 

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Until you get something in writing, I would hold onto the Hub 3.  Sometimes the Billing end of VM don't always talk to the Tech people .....  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dazlicous 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

We are not requesting the return of the Hub 3. You can view information on how to recycle this online here. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Ashleigh_C   the page you linked is incorrect.

Under the government's WEEE Regulations, ALL redundant electronic equipment must be recycled by the supplier.

This applies to all unwanted equipment including the Hub 2 and Hub 3. If Virginmedia don't want to re-use it they must collect it themselves to recycle it. They should not tell customers to do this. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/regulations-waste-electrical-and-electronic-equipment

Distributor obligations

All distributors must:

• offer free take back on WEEE
  • accept WEEE for free from customers supplied with like-for-like products, regardless of whether this is done in store, online or by mail order
  • retain a record of all WEEE taken back for at least four years
  • provide customers access to written information on the service provided and what they should do with their WEEE
- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.