cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything about getting Virgin Media has been terrible, the engineer couldn't be bothered

msq
Joining in

This has been the worst experience I've had to deal with, it's been months since ordering it.

An engineer showed up last month and couldn't do it because the cable hasn't been pulled from the street, great, common problem it seems, took a day off for nothing, so it got delayed. A month later the pre-pull team shows up and installs the cables outside, progress.

We finally get to the day of installation, took a day off of work, cable is now installed outside, all looks good, nothing can go wrong right? Wrong. Turns out the engineer doesn't know how to read, he leaves a card in my neighbours door saying "Phone went to voicemail, please be home for next visit". I've had no missed calls, he even wrote the correct door number on the card & still managed to not visit the correct door.

Now I'm being told I have to wait another 2 WEEKS, missing yet another day of work because an engineer can't be bothered to walk 5 meters & knock on the correct door. Why should I have to wait another 2 weeks because of something that's Virgins fault? How is there not a process to speed up this ridiculous delays and mistakes that Virgin make?

I rang up the customer service and they were just as bad asking me to recommend Virgin to my friends after painfully having to explain to them what was going on, not at all helping me. Terrible experience, constant delays, not recommended at all.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @msq 

Sorry to read about the delays you've had. It's certainly not a good start.

Rather than speaking to CS it might be a good idea to speak to the  pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 to see if they can expedite the connection

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, I did call that number earlier, they put me through to 3 different people and they all couldn't speed anything up, which I find hard to believe.

@msq wrote:
Snip…
,which I find hard to believe.

Oh believe it, really! You might want to take a brief perusal of some of the posts here regarding the trials and tribulations of some new customers in getting themselves connected up - disposing of the One Ring in the fires of Mount Doom, is a trivial walk in the park compared with trying to get any coherent answers or firm water tight commitments from VM.

Indeed it could be argued that learning to accept the reality and embrace the mind-numbing incompetence which is VM’s modus operandi is in many ways a ‘character building’ and life enhancing experience - you will emerge a better, calmer person and more accepting of those universal forces which cannot be overcome. Why VM don’t charge extra for this important social service in these troubling COVID times, we can’t say - they must truly have everyone’s best interests at heart!

Hi @msq,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am so sorry you've not had the best experience with us thus far! Certainly not the level of service we aim to provide and appreciate it's not been a great start at all!

As I've not been able to locate your details at this stage, can you advise if there's been any updates? As @newapollo advised, our pre-installs team would be the best team to speak with in regards to issues as such.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs