Menu
Jeff1202
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eurobell connection

I have recently bought a property and have had a bad experience with sky and the openreach connection, I was hoping for more luck with virgin. I have a Eurobell wall socket and a cable that goes along my skirting board and is split into two separate cables by a very little metal box. Does this mean I can connect up to virgin with this two cables? I thought I would have to have proper wall socket. Any clarification would help. 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eurobell connection

Hi there,

yes, in theory that sounds like our cabling albeit old.

I will send you a private message for some details and check the property and when it last saw service. You might be better allowing us to upgrade it all.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Jasongough
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

I’ve had a similar bad experience during a home move and sky have let me down massively… install was supposed to be today, They say the first open reach appointment to fit my broadband is now April! I need to work from home like everybody else.

My new address is able to receive M600 broadband according to the checker, and I have what looks like a classic brown cable box on the outside wall but on the inside it says eurobell... Might it be possible this can work for the quick start?

I’d attach a photo but it says 1mb is the max size possible?

please help. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Jasongough wrote:

Hi guys,

I’ve had a similar bad experience during a home move and sky have let me down massively… install was supposed to be today, They say the first open reach appointment to fit my broadband is now April! I need to work from home like everybody else.

My new address is able to receive M600 broadband according to the checker, and I have what looks like a classic brown cable box on the outside wall but on the inside it says eurobell... Might it be possible this can work for the quick start?

I’d attach a photo but it says 1mb is the max size possible?

please help. 

It’s not Sky that is the problem. Openreach have “paused” all new line installs due to lockdown restrictions, so this affects all the providers that subcontract to Openreach for installs. Eurobell is the original cable company that built the network in the South West of England before being absorbed by Telewest, then merging with NTL & rebranding as Virgin Media. Hence it’s all the same thing & the delivery method is the same. If VM offer you QuickStart then a connection to the property has been used in the recent past. If you are not offered a QuickStart then it’s possible work will be needed in the street cabinet to reconnect the property.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jasongough, I have sent you a pm to look into this further

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************