Menu
photonfreezer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Erratic (mostly dead) connection since Sunday evening. Service status 'no known issues'!

I have spoken to customer service to report this and to find out any developments on a couple of occasions. 

I have been told that this is a known fault, which is expected to be fixed by the 16/9.  Despite this the service status website consistently reports 'no known issues'. 

Could you explain why this is? 

My connection has been fairly flaky for years, but nothing like this. You ought to be emailing/texting customers with service outages as a matter of course instead of wasting our time with your long-winded customer service line/chat.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Erratic (mostly dead) connection since Sunday evening. Service status 'no known issues'!

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of more local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
photonfreezer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Erratic (mostly dead) connection since Sunday evening. Service status 'no known issues'!

Thanks for your helpful reply.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Web site service status only shows when 1000’s of users are affected. A small area fault affecting perhaps a few street cabinets will not be shown. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi photonfreezer, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had here. Is it possible that you could expand on what issues you're actually having so that we can help? Also how is everything since your last post? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
photonfreezer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had an outage yesterday evening, and I'm having one now (using 4g connection now). 

One or more of the green lights will light up on the Hub 3.0 and/or the White light starts flashing. 

I've factory reset the Hub a few times over the last week. Are daily interruptions to service the norm now? Actually this one was only a few minutes. Last night's was over an hour.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi photonfreezer,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Just to confirm a couple of things.

Which hub do you have? Is this on a Wired or Wireless connection? What devices are you using on the hub & how many?

^Martin

0 Kudos