cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eroneous new contract upon upgrade

redredred
Joining in

I was sent an offer to increase broadband speed from 250 -> 350 for a small fee. The offer page very clearly stated "your original minimum term will continue to apply to your new core service". Contrast this with the text for the one gig upgrade which clearly stated a new 18 moth contract would apply.  I took it up and after a week or so of silence I got a new 18 month contract in mey email, extending my mimuimum term by 15 months, not at all what was advertised.

I immediately contacted virgin which can now seemingly only be done by whatsapp and they tried to fob me off with various ridiculous replies such as

"Currently the contract is renewed and in case you want to go with better deals you can get back to us"

And when I pointed out that would be impossible given I'd be locked in to a new contract they tried to tell me it is a rolling contract (it isn't).

I know most broadband providers have shady business practices but this is downright dishonest. I was advertised one thing, sold another without my consent and then deliiberately mislead when I pushed back. Right now I'm within a cooling off period so I can just cancel this new contract but I'd really like to not do that and just get the contract I actually agreed to, or failing that just forget the upgrade and see out my original contract.

Who can I speak to about this, prefferably via a better medium than whatsapp?

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are within 14 days of the new contract you can cancel it without penalty. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello redredred.

Welcome to our community, Sorry it's not on better terms though.

I would be happy to take a look at your account and see what contract terms are in place.

If any thing is different after the upgrade, we can get this sorted and put your mind at rest.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L