Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineers can't use doorbell or phone customer?

Im an exsisting customer who has moved property, and ordered internet to my new property a few weeks ago. Today was my installation date, so i decided to work from home using my 4G connection from my phone. the time slot was 1-6pm, at 6:15 pm i phone the customer service and i'm told that nobody was home....

I was then told my only option was to reschedule two weeks from now from another installation date..

I have a clearly marked doorbell because, guess what...i live in a flat that cannot see who is in a car outside my property..they didn't try my doorbell or call my phone?

My query is how can i ensure your engineers will contact me when they arrive, because i am not sitting outside in the rain at my doorstep for 6 hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineers can't use doorbell or phone customer?

Thank you for your post Jmcdonnell92 and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the trouble with your installation appointment.

Can I please confirm, have you checked that we have your correct and updated contact details? When you called and this was rescheduled did you explain the situation as they may have been able to add notes to the order? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had the exact same contact details since I joined virgin over a year ago, they never tried to ring my mobile phone and when I asked the setup team why they did not ring my phone, they couldn't give me an answer, just a reschedule date...what happens on that day? Do I stand in my doorway for 6 hours? Because I don't trust your engineers to use a mobile phone.

The incredible thing about this is that I work as an IT field engineer and if I turned up to a job and didn't try to contact them via phone to let them know I've arrived, I would without a shadow of a doubt lose my job.

I assume virgin have lower standards for their client satisfaction?

Also the fact that the only way to complain about this is to put it in writing...who posts letters of complaints? More so to a communications company who should be contactable by email and phone. Big joke this 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you should read the complaints process - you have three choices to officially complaint
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

best to get facts correct when make a post.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was quoting what YOUR member of staff said to be on the phonecall when I was trying to find out who to complain to about engineers not contacting me.

Aren't you rather rude?

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jmcdonnell92 wrote:

I was quoting what YOUR member of staff said to be on the phonecall when I was trying to find out who to complain to about engineers not contacting me.

Aren't you rather rude?

said staff member doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Jmcdonnell92

We can only apologise that you were not called by our installation engineer.

It is not standard practice that we calls customers before we arrive to carry out a job as our engineers are not supplied with mobile phones. 

We can put a request that you are called before we arrive but we cannot guarantee this.

If you wish to raise a compliant over this matter you can do so here  under our complaints code of practice.

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos