Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineering repairs required for new broadband customer - no progress in 6 months

I ordered Virgin broadband 8 April and was meant to have an installation on 18 Apr. The engineers determined that repair work was required to the network as a third party had damaged something, and it would take 6-8 weeks. That was over 6 months ago. 

I haven't received a single update on progress other than when I have tried to make contact. Whenever I've spoken/chatted to anyone they have had no information available and have said to wait another 6-8 weeks although the order date on the website remains "NaN/NaN/NaN" (whatever that means).

I was last in contact a couple of months ago but still no progress or communication. 

Covid aside that's simply hopeless. 

I will be cancelling the direct debit in one week and selecting an alternative provider unless you can persuade me otherwise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineering repairs required for new broadband customer - no progress in 6 months

Book an alternative provider to install.

First in wins, simple.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineering repairs required for new broadband customer - no progress in 6 months

NaN/NaN/NaN means that VM have encountered problem during your installation which must be fixed before they can provide you with services. 

These problems require 6 - 8 weeks to repair, but should more problems be found afterwards, more repairs may be needed. 

If you no longer wish to wait for these problems to be fixed, the best advice is to choose another provider. 

0 Kudos