Menu
Sherronh
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer

My router has died and there are no lights on the front. I have tried and different plug socket and it is dead. I cannot book an engineer over the phone and cannot book it online either. I find this whole situation distressing as other network provides are open and have tech support available during this period. 

I need help!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer

You dont need an engineer visit,  you need them to send you a replacement Hub in the post - likely to be quicker.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) they are still picking up but you can wait up to an hour Calling at 08.00 midweek is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits - it's pot luck. Took 20’ for me last Wednesday afternoon.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies and action may take a bit longer though.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond and help, but it can take a day or two for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sherronh
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John

Dear VM

i need a new router please. This is the second day without any services. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it can take staff a few days to get to posts. When they get to this they will message you to pass some security questions and can arrange this for you.
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had no issues getting through to customer service a week ago.  Yes you will need to stay on hold maybe 30 to 60 min but will get through.

Called Friday and replacement router arrived Tue 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re-read message 2

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos