Menu
Funkelnstaub
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit

Hi,

I signed up to virgin 100meg broadband  on 6th June. When signing up it was confirmed that I could set this up myself so an engineer visit wasn’t required. However, I wasn’t aware that for virgin I would need a virgin line. I think I may have one as  there is a white virgin box on the wall behind my tv but it doesn’t have any connections inside, it’s just a white virgin shell casing attached to the wall. I do also have a brown virgin shell casing on the outside of my house but that is  just an empty shell too. These casings were installed by the previous owner so I don’t know why they have been left in this state.

Please can someone book a virgin engineer to visit and fix this issue. I do not want to be charged for an engineer visit so please do let me know if you are going to charge me. I would like to use virgin broadband but if I’m going to be charged £100 for an engineer visit to fix this I would rather cancel my virgin broadband and go with someone else if that’s the case.

Kind regards

Nicola

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit

An engineer visit to fix a non-working connection is free. If you have been told it's chargable then you have been informed incorrectly. Ring back and speak to someone else.

Or you can wait for a VM person to see your post and reply here.

Funkelnstaub
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, I’ll  contact them later on today if I don’t hear from VM on this post.

kind regards 

Nicola 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello @FunkeInstaub,

Welcome to the forums, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you have been unable to get set up straight away!

I can absolutely get an engineer round to install this for you. I'll just send you a private message to confirm a few details and I can get this booked in.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos