Menu
Willmart
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit allowed?

Now that restrictions are easing does anyone know if engineers are permitted to install a new wall socket. Have been waiting a few months now and only able to use 1 out of 2 tv boxes. Have paid an electrician to drill through floor and put a pull through lead. Just need a virgin media engineer-can’t face waiting for hours again on the phone to find out no engineers are allowed in to do work

any updates greatly appreciated 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit allowed?

Currently there has been no update from Virgin on the matter, as of current it's still a no

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Willmart
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I am assuming that it will be ok after 17 May when households can mix indoors. I will try again after that date. It would be helpful though for Virgin to make it clear when such visits will be permissible 

0 Kudos
Willmart
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just seen this post from a week ago

Due to Covid guidelines and a want to keep face to face contact to a minimum during this time we have had to restrict Engineer visits to only fault appointments and new installs. I'm so sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

can anyone tell me why new installs are allowed (that generate new income for VM ) but they won’t look after their current customers. Do they think covid can differentiate between the 2 different categories? Why is a new install more important? If VM feel this is a significant risk then they should stop accepting new customers 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Willmart

Thanks for posting on here, 

Sorry to hear of any inconvenience caused, it's not like we care more about new customers, we care about our customers equally. 

With something like this, this is seen as a something that isn't essential work as it is not a fault resulting in loss of service. 

Something to do with an install is classed as essential as the customer could be without internet which is why we try to sort it out as quickly as possible. If you had a fault or  loss of service then this would be classed as essential. 

Hope this clarifies this up for you. 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Willmart
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying 

It would be really helpful for VM to give their customers a clear timeline for when engineers can make non essential visits. 

There has been a clear framework for the UK to gradually reduce restrictions for some time. 

VM owe to their customers to give them an idea of when they can planning to allow these visits. 

When I signed up in Dec I made it clear that I would need a second installation. I completely understand why visits have not been possible. However I am paying for 2 boxes on the oomph package and have only been able to use 1. I don’t mind waiting but I do mind not being told when you will reinstate non essential work. Please can you give an indication of when this will be?

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I completely understand this Martin, 

We at VM aren't 100% sure when this will occur due to the government guidelines as they can change, but my guesses of when engineers visits should resume is around the 17th May mark as this is when you are allowed indoors. 

However, if the government or VM decide that this is unsafe then they may push it back to the 21st June. It does all depend on government guidelines. 

But we will try to keep you updated as best as we can. 

I hope this is okay

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos