Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer required to connect my second V6 box to wallport - dummy port? How to open?

I've received a second V6 box and the instructions say to attach the red-banded end of the 3m isolator cable to the VM wall socket. My current wall socket is as is in the picture. There seems to be a dummy port on the right side, but I am unsure if I can open this port, or take the wall socket from the wall. Perhaps I need a splitter? Will that affect my broadband speed and/or TV services on my current box (in another room)?

Virgin Media wall socket.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer required to connect my second V6 box to wallport - dummy port? How to open?

If you already have VM equipment in the same room then what you need is a splitter - connect the splitter to the end of the cable, and then you can attach both the modem and TV box to the same splitter and thus same cable. If it's an engineer install they'll bring one with them, if it's a quick start one will be provided in the package. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer required to connect my second V6 box to wallport - dummy port? How to open?

Thanks so much for the reply! I would like to book an engineer to visit (as there was no splitter in the Quickstart box) but was on the phone for over 30 minutes yesterday trying to get through.

How can I book an engineer visit online, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The best way to book an engineer is to ring at 8am tomorrow morning. There's a chance someone will visit this post who can organise an engineer, but ringing is the best option. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mmcbrien16,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

I understand you wanted an engineer called out to have a look at this, I have had a look at your services on my side and it seems this may have already been done since you last posted.

How are things now its been a few days? If you still need help we'll be happy to assist 🙂

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, an engineer came out and sorted the new box out for me by adding a splitter. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I'm really glad this was sorted for you 🙂

Please keep us in mind if you need any further help!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos