Menu
Joe_Burton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer required - broken brown box

Hi. If anyone at Virgin can please send an engineer or technician to replace/fix the brown box at the front of our house as soon as possible or advise how to book one please? Just checked and found the front cover broken off (due to winds) with disconnected, broken wires and connections hanging out. This has caused very unreliable and intermittent connections and really slow speeds recently making our internet almost unusable for about a week now.

I have had no luck for 2 days now getting through and little progress in resolving this issue on the phone or via the text helpline.

I assume leaving account numbers and area postcodes as well as an address would be inappropriate on a forum so I can provide, as well as test speeds, by PM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks and kind regards,
Joe

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer required - broken brown box

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe_Burton,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply,

I've arranged for someone to come and fix the cover of the omni box outside

I have however emailed the area manager to see if there is anyway for this to be brought forward, as there is currently no availability for this month.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Joe_Burton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thank-you, but I got through on the phone in the end and we’ve had an engineer out now and he’s fixed the problem so no need to send another.

Thanks and kind regards,

Joe

0 Kudos