cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer or Virtual Technician?

robatwork
On our wavelength

I had a problem over the weekend and had an engineer booked via WhatsApp for 12pm to 4pm today. The chat agent even typed the words:

Trust me Robert, the engineer will visit your property and investigate further on the issue and if there is a fault with the hub then the replacement of the hub will be done by the engineer.

No sign or call today, so back into WhatsApp to be told it was in fact a Virtual Technician and that work has been completed. It wasn't and it hasn't, and they have arranged another engineer for Wednesday PM. 

Can any kind mod who has access to the booking system let me know if this is in fact a real engineer as promised?

many thanks

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

"Trust me Robert" sound like the chilling words from HAL in Space Odyssey 2001.

Keep in mind that there may well be automatic compensation due here for the missed appointment. I don't think suddenly calling it "virtual" after the event is a get out that will stand up to any real challenge. If you get push back come back here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Ha well that gave me a good laugh anyway. Heaven help us all when Hal is connected via my coax. I'm sorry I can't do that, Dave. They already promised me "experience apology credit for 10GBP." which hasn't materialised so I won't hold my breath. Unlike Dave, who had to hold his breath.... msedge_nblpPwMeGe.png

Hi robatwork,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the engineer visit. 

If an engineer visit is booked in this should be for a physical visit to the address. 

I am happy to check your account for the visit. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

Thanks but the engineer did attend yesterday

Hi robatwork, 

Thanks for popping back to us in the Community and updating us on things. 

We're glad the engineer was able to attend and hopefully, as a result, the issues are now sorted. 

If you do have further problems, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us via the Community. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs