Menu
oeubuzz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not turned up

Hi I hope you can help. I was supposed to get VM Fibre M500 fitted on Tuesday 6th Dec, the engineer turned up and said I needed a new cable running from the road to the house and this would happen the next day. No one turned up on Wednesday 7th and again no one turned up today Thursday 10th. 

I tried ringing the VM helpdesk spent 3 hours on the phone got cut off three times. I work from home and work for the NHS and now cannot do my job support the healthcare system. 

No-one will reply to me, I logged a complaint and got told it would be 28 days to receive a response!!!

Not to mention I have two teenagers in the house with no wifi!!!

Please help me understand what gone so badly wrong and how to fix it.

Pete

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not turned up

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @oeubuzz and welcome to the community.

This really isn't the best start to your time with us, I can see that you have spoken to the team this morning, have they been able to provide you with an update on the install issues that you've been having?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
oeubuzz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, still no internet.

Asian call centre not able to talk with engineers, no one will give me an answer. 

last I have had form them is they cannot sort out the cables until 29th Dec!! Which isn’t anywhere need good enough!!

probbaly going to have to cancel contract and go back to original provider, they were not as fast as I would like but at least they could provide a service.

having spoken to a few people now including our digital team it appears that it’s quite well known that Virgin Media have very poor customer focused service.  Which is shame as at the moment they hold the monopoly on gigabyte internet. Might be something in that!

Pete 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that the team haven't been able to confirm an appointment for you yet @oeubuzz.

I can look into this further but we would need to do this over a private message, so that we can pass account security and get this investigated further.

I will drop over a private message now, so that we can get started.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos