Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not turned Up

Hi, I put through a request to upgrade to Ultimate OOmph which is due to happen today. I was told as I wanted additional boxes it was an engineer install which is fine. Problem is the engineer was due to arrive today between 1 p.m.  and 6 p.m and nothing has happened yet so I think its unlikely now. My Tv service on the one box I do have is still just basic channels, my broadband is still only 100Meg. Any ideas where I go from here? I put a call through at 17.30 to try and check the appointment but have given up waiting.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not turned Up

Well, as expected no one turned up. Can't get through on the phone to anyone and as of yesterday paying for a service I'm not able to use. Shocking customer service. Great to hear on the phone the recorded message we are giving you the best customer service possible.... O no, clearly you are not!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To add insult to injury your choice in music on hold music could be more diplomatic. Having George Ezra singing 'what you waiting for' might be seen as some as amusing but when you are not happy with a company service it really isn't a great choice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good grief. Finally got through to someone in customer service after about 30 minutes who to be fair was very pleasant and professional. Things looking up I thought. She registered my complaint and then tried to put me through to book another appointment so back on hold again. Wait a further 10 minutes, she comes back to me, dont worry just waiting to transfer you to the right department, they will be with you shortly, fine I think. Wait another 10 minutes shes back again, sorry but we should put you through shortly. Wait another 15 minutes then with a call duration of over an hour I'm back to the George Ezra music. Wait another 15 minutes and guess what, I'm back to what I think may have been an Indian call center with no knowledge of my previous conversations and wanting me to go through my account number process etc all over again. 

YOU REALLY COULDN'T MAKE IT UP! SHAMBLES OF A COMPANY.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So anyone from the forum team want to step in and try and save the day?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I guess forum team aren't interested in trying to help either. Appreciate these are difficult times but my wife is nhs and I work in IT and have been ensuring my company can keep working from home by my being on site virtually every day since lockdown began. I can't see why Virgin Medias standards have dropped so low. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon smartn,

Sorry to hear of the poor customer services you've received from Virgin Media

All departments are currently very busy, including our digital support team. Can you please advise me if you were able to find a suitable resolution during the call or is this still unresolved?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still unresolved. Lady I spoke to initially on phone was very good but it all went horribly wrong when she tried to get me through to the team responsible for booking the appointment. After about 30 minutes waiting for the transfer ended up back at the team in India who wanted to start the whole process over again. I have up at that point having wasted yesterday afternoon waiting for someone to come then spending about 90 minutes on a phone call to be back at stage one. Many thanks for responding. As I said I appreciate these are difficult times but I still expect a half decent level of customer service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarity,

Lets see if we can have someone to your property to undertake the work that should have taken place yesterday

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks David. Have replied to your PM.

0 Kudos