Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not arrived to install broadband, no call or text

Hello, an engineer was supposed to arrive yesterday to install the broadband I but had no call text or any knock on the door to say they're on the way or not able to make it. I had been inside all day waiting. I've been trying to contact you guys by phone but not able to get through and tried to contact by text but I do not receive any messages from you guys.

Broadband was supposed to be fitted on 14/07 but was moved to 21/07.

I am not wanting to pay for something I'm not using, first time I'm using virgin media and already having a bad service, maybe I should cancel and leave.

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not arrived to install broadband, no call or text

Maybe you should? 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't be charged until the service is connected. You then have 14 days to decide if you want to continue.

Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok no worries then, just wondering why I have had no reply or anything from virgin media to confirm if engineer will be coming or not. This is my first broadband I've ever bought but don't seem to get any response. I stayed on the phone for 30mins and didn't get an answer and didn't receive any text from them when I use the text option.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JannyUK,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear that your install has been delayed and that you've not had an update on it yet. I've had a look at your details using the information we have on here and can see that some construction work needs to be carried out before the actual install. Unfortunately it may take between 4 to 6 weeks for this to happen as they will need to arrange the equipment, any planning permission, traffic management, as examples. Its the planning that takes time to arrange.  Once the work has been done the actual install follows a few days later.

I'm sorry for the delay and can confirm that billing will only start once the actual install has completed.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Would this be the same issue of waiting if I choose to go to a different company? e.g. Sky or BT or something.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky or BT use your phone line for internet access, so no, I can't imagine the wait would be as long.

VM use their own proprietary cabling.

0 Kudos