cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

Tomcheuk
Joining in

I informed Virgin Media the home moving last month and booked the extra installation needed to be done in 16 Sep. A week before an email said need to postpone to 18 Sep from 8am to 13pm. I take a day leave today but finally no one come and even no call or email to tell me any change in status. 

Postpone is acceptable but no show without notice is not good for anyone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tomcheuk
Joining in

After engineer no show, i spent 2 hours in front of the phone and finally got an instruction to call another phone number on Pre-install team. It is really a good experience. Thanks Virgin Media

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What was the purpose of the visit? Was it to install a cable outside or to install equipment inside the home and activate the services?

For cable work outside, VM does not normally need the customer to be home. VM normally tells you if you are required to be there.

Did the installation information say you had to be home?

If it did, and VM did not show up and did not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation then you should be eligible for a missed appointment payment.

Keep good records of all your dealings with VM (dates, times, phone calls, missed appointments, failed visits where no work is completed etc.). If VM does not activate your services on time you may be eligible for compensation due to the delayed activation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

We need to install the fiber socket to home, but i just realized it was my mistake to get the wrong date. Sorry about that.

Hi Tomcheuk 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you with big virtual arms onto our community forum 🤗.

Have you managed to change the date for the installation? 

If you have not done so you can give us a call on 👉🏼 0345 454 1111.

Please let us know what the outcome was. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide