cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

MattW1000
Joining in

So we waited in for the pre-arranged engineer to call between 4 and 7pm tonight and they didn’t turn up. How do you get through to someone to complain?

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What was the VM tech coming to do? Install equipment for you for a new connection?

You will be entitled to compensation for a no-show tech visit if VM did not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation. For delays on activating a new connection and repairing a fault there is also a compensation scheme for that too.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

You will get a reply from one of the VM forum team on here within a few days

MattW1000
Joining in

Hi Goslow. We’d had a really bad week with our broadband and our tv picture on some channels haven’t been good for far too long. Virgin instigated the visit then didn’t turn up. Cancel by all means, but don’t just not turn up. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi MattW1000 

Is there an area fault?  If so the systems will automatically cancel any tech visits.

tYou can check using the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

goslow
Alessandro Volta

As advised by newapollo, VM cancels visits when they think the issue is caused by a general fault in the area or if they think they have fixed the issue remotely.

They are still supposed to notify you of the cancellation though so you should be credited £29.15 for the no-show without notification.

The automatic compensation scheme applies to a 'total loss of service' for either phone or broadband or both together.

If you are experiencing an intermittent or poor quality service, VM should either fix the problem or compensate you for the poor service. This would be outside the auto compensation scheme though so you would need to follow the process of a formal complaint to VM first of all (a required first step but only likely to result in a fob-off and a non-sensical 'resolution')

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

after that you would need to follow the processes to escalate to the Communications Ombudsman

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

MattW1000
Joining in

Thanks, I've made a complaint now. It was doing my stress levels no good at all trying various chatrooms with bots and automated calls. I can't seem to be able to speak with anyone human and no-one has bothered to contact me. Unfortunately I'm an o2 customer as well and trying to speak with someone there is just as painful

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MattW1000,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the service issues faced, from checking our system it would appear that an area fault was raised previously.

Are you still experiencing issues?

Let us know,

Kain

No problems sat here today but our Broadband wasn't great for a few weeks. Almost every time the service status suggested everything was fine (when it wasn't), so we thought that we might have a more local problem, possibly with our kit.

But we've had ongoing issues with TV quality for years. I've been meaning to raise it for ages as certain channels are sometimes unwatchable, but I tend to watch other channels or watch on TV Go on my phone if its sport. I though an engineer visit may give us a health check on our kit, so looking forward to having someone round. But it's not telling us that the engineer wasn't coming that bothers me most. We stayed in when we had other plans. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused, 

So we can investigate this matter further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain