Menu
MjCladdagh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer no show, would like to cancel account

Hello,

I ordered Virgin Media on the 5th of January. The engineer visit that was scheduled for January 26th was cancelled by Virgin Media and rescheduled for Febuary 11th. This date didn't work for me so I rescheduled for today (Febuary 23rd) however the engineer didn't show and there has been no e-mail or contact.

It's almost impossible to get in contact with any support on the phone and frankly at this point I would like to cancel my Virgin Media contract. I hope since no install has taken place this will be simple to do. I wish to order from another broadband supplier without being billed by VM also.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer no show, would like to cancel account

As its a new order you should be able to just cancel direct debit from bank and continue placing an order for another service, when Virgin eventually contact you to either reschedule or install your service you can then tell them your no longer interested.

It is advised however that you contact them to make them aware your no longer interested, best time of day to call is 8am to avoid queues otherwise hang around here and a member of team may be able to help though this may take anywhere between a couple of days and weeks to happen.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
MjCladdagh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input, I was thinking about cancelling the direct debit but didn't know if it was better to go through VM. I think I will do that and wait for a mod to respond. Will also try calling early. Thank you.
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

🙂

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or let the VM install continue until it gets done. In the meantime sign up to another supplier (perhaps on a monthly contract).

The day that VM is installed and activated is day1 of your 14 day "cooling off cancellation period", if you dont like it then just cancel it then at no charge - and you will at least know that you have a "working" VM connection at the property that you could come back to in the future.

Or if you prefer VM to the second suppler, keep VM and cancel the other one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.